wedding countdown clock


About This Blog

I created this blog when I am doing my bridal planning... or rather I started this blog while I was halfway through with my bridal planning. So you may find that some posts & the date posted are days or even weeks apart.

I never was a blogger nor am I familiar on how a blog should work. I just want a blog to capture memories of how my life took a turn for the better & also at the same time to help other brides-to-be to have an idea how they can plan their own wedding.

Of course, when my wedding is over, I will also use this blog as a platform to capture our memories together as a married couple on our new home, our kids & our quarrels! (hahaha)


This blog is strictly for information & sharing purposes based on my experiences & any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I hope you find my blog informative & hope it will aid in your own DREAM wedding planning!! Do also comment if this blog needs more improvement!!

Thursday 27 December 2012

MY WEDDING EXPENSES

Since my wedding shoot can only be done sometime April 2013 & there's isn't much I can update as I have not really gone for intensive shopping for my other stuffs, might as well I list down some of my expenses for this wedding (excluding the wedding banquet) so that BTBs have an idea of how to plan their finances when everything else don't matter if you're willing to spend! I will be constantly updating this post quite frequently so do keep a look out every now & then! Please also drop comments if you find anything in this blog needs improvements!
Auspicious Dates for Wedding ~~ S$100
I got my list of "good" wedding dates from Master Long Tian Xiang. He actually gave you a booklet of all the suitable dates for 3 years for An Chuang, Guo Da Li, ROM and/or Customary traditions.His booklet can also be used for moving house too!!

Wedding Band ~~ S$788 per pair
I got my wedding band at Citigems after shopping at SK, Soo Kee, Goldheart, Poh Heng & Lee Hwa. Although the diamonds wasn't of a brilliant cut, but due to the many diamonds (small ones actually) on the ring (bride's) the shinning-ness is actually better than those with brilliant cutting.
PS: I am comparing based on the pricing of equivalent which of course, the bigger the diamond of the "brilliant cut" series will definitely be more shinnier & pricier too... Citigems also throw in a Ring Pillow as well.

ROM Ceremonial Signing Pen ~~ S$4.90
I got a Crystal pen (not Swarovski but look-alike) from G-market now known as Qoo10. Writes well & hopefully it will still writes well on the actual day!!

Birdcage Ang Bao Box ~~ S$20
I got a nice looking birdcage to act as my angbao box from a friend who uses it for her wedding. Market rate for rental for such birdcage is around $50. Of course I get to decorate the cage according to my taste... I will post up pictures of the "finished" birdcage nearer to my Wedding Day!!

Bride's & Groom's Necessity 
Earrings~~ S$10 
I brought a nice unique pair of earrings at plaza Sing suitable for a wedding at only S$10!!!! Good deal!!!

Nu-Bra Alike ~~ S$21.80 (2)
I got 2 Nu Bras Look-a-like from Streetdeals @ S$10.90 each. Saw similar Nu Bras Look-alike at KSL for RM$29.90 or S$12 each...

Bride's Wedding Shoes ~~ RM$141.90 or S$57
Groom's Shirt ~~ RM$75.90 or S$30.50
After shopping from level 1 - 4, I finally brought my Bridal Shoes & his shirt from KSL!!!
Bride's Bridal Nails ~~ RM$150 or S$61
I went to get the extension nails for PS & AD use.... 
Groom's Wedding Shoes ~~ S$98
He got his black leather shoes from a shop at Parkway Parade 2nd level - DARLING. It has some "blinks" on the front of the shoes & its the last pair for his size.

Gown Rental (For Pre Wedding Photoshoot) ~~ RM$1,288 or S$518
SERE VELLA ~~ Although I have not confirmed their package with them yet, I found that their sevices is very professional as they actually let me try on 9 gowns!

Their RM$1,288 package includes:
1 X White Gown with Accessories
1 X Colour Gown with Accessories
1 X Groom's Suit
And if I require addidtional gown, is only an additional RM$200 more!

I will be going for my 2nd round of gown selection in Jan 2013 due to the festive season & will update again on the process in another post.

MUA ( For Pre Wedding Photoshoot) ~~ RM$400 or S$161
A TOUCH OF BLUSH ~~ Ms Vivian
Her RM$400 package includes:

3 X Makeup
3 X Hair Styling
* includes Ampolues & Fake Eyelashes

Horse Rental( For Pre Wedding Photoshoot) ~~ RM$250 or S$101
RIDER'S LODGE - Rental of horse for 1 hour
A pity that they only have 1 horse so not much of a choice for selection...

Photographer (Pre Wedding Shoot) ~~ Token of Appreciation (Ang Bao)
My pre wedding shoot is going to be done by my friend who is a professional running his own photography business & I will update the costs of the albums once I got my shoots sorted out. Please PM or leave a comment if you are interested to ask me for a link to his portfolio or engaging them for your Wedding after you guys have seen the shots taken which will be sometime in June 2013

Gown Rental (For Pre Wedding Photoshoot) ~~ RM$3,300 or S$1,325
LITTLE CHAI WEDDING STUDIO

Their package as follows after much hard persuasion on price cutting from my end with the help from my Photographer friend.
(Check out my post "MY PRE - WEDDING PREPARATIONS (PART V)" on the process):
- Spans over a 2-day shoot on 2 outdoor locations
- Total of 5 Gowns with matching Groom Suits & Accessories
- 1 X 18' X 24' Album with up to max. 45 poses
- 1 X Table Top Photo Frame
- All soft copies (up to 5R resolutions) returned
- Make -up Artist & Photographer inclusive

Gown Rental (For Actual Day Wedding ) ~~ S$999
J&L SG BRIDAL ~~ I will be making my deposit to them in Jan 2013 so the price is more or less fixed.

Their S$999 package includes:
1 X White Gown with white veil & Accessories
1 X Colour Gown with Accessories
1 X Kwa with red veil & the red flower ball for the groom
1 X Groom's Suit
1 X Flower Bouquet & 5 Corsages
1 X Wrist Flower for the bride - this is for the ROM ceremony :)
1 X Bridal Car Flowers Decorations + 4 X Brothers Car Decorations
2 X Makeup & 2 X Hair Styling - No additional charge for asking MUA to come before 6am

Gown Rental (For Actual Day Wedding ) ~~ S$1,200
BRIDAL CLOSET ~~ Paid my deposit today of S$600

Their S$1,200 (ORIGINAL) package includes:
1 X White Gown with white veil & Accessories (Basic Category)
1 X Colour Gown with Accessories
2 X Groom's Suit
1 X Fresh Flower Bouquet, 2 X Groom's Corsages & 4 X Parents' Corsages

1 X Bridal Car Silk Flowers Decorations + 2 X Brothers Car Silk Flower Decorations
2 X Makeup & 2 X Hair Styling (Day & Nite) - Surcharge applies for asking MUA to come before 7am
I managed to get more stuffs so do check out  my post "MY AD FITTING (PART II)" on the process:

Brothers' Mini Ties ~~ S$30
We got the Brothers' Mini Ties at the Bugis Village level 2. The kind lady FOC 1 tie as she's selling 1 for S$6, 2 for S$10 & we brought total 7!!

Sisters' Wrist Flowers ~~RM$27.50 or S$11
We got the Wrist Flowers for my Sisters' at Holiday Plaza (JB). Original price is RM$5.90 but the auntie charged me RM$5.50 each for all 5.

EMCEE ~~ Token of Appreciation (Ang Bao)
I got my friend who is doing Emceeing work to help me during my wedding dinner. His rates are reasonable & negotiable & please PM or leave a comment if you are interested in engaging him for your Wedding too!!

Bridal Car Rental ~~ Token of Appreciation (Ang Bao)
We loan the car from my hubby's friend - a BMW 5 series as it will cost over a few hundreds to just rent a nice looking car. However, most bridal shops would have this services available which I think include a chauffeur as well in the package. Should you are piecing your resources individually like me & you would need to rent a bridal car, you may check out http://www.myweddingcar.com.sg which I find Jeremy's rates are quite competitive as he offers to drive the car to & fro your designated location i.e your place or the florist for the decorations though he do charge additional for the flower decorations. But like all car rentals, he would require a 50% deposit upon confirmation, balance 50% upon collection of car + a S$500 as a security deposit which is refundable upon return of car if there are no major damage.

Wedding bear for the Bridal Car ~~ RM$66 OR S$26.50
I got my wedding Bears from Holiday Plaza from the same shop where I got my Sisters' wrist corsages.

Photographer (Actual Day - Morning) ~~ Token of Appreciation (Ang Bao)
My actual day photographer is my hubby's friend and I am glad that he is willing to help us out in this aspect even though he will also be busy with his own photography business. Please PM or leave a comment if you are interested, to ask me for a link to his portfolio or engaging him for your Wedding after you guys have seen the shots taken which will be sometime after my Wedding Day.

Actual Day Videographer (Full Day) & Photographer (Dinner) ~~ S$1,000
I decided to let my HTB's friend rest for the night event as I feel that it not that nice afterall. Hahaha.
I have engaged a videographer for my actual day to capture the gatecrash etc & I think it will be nice to also video the ROM event as well. I got his price at a promotion & thus the fees might not be really as what you see here but nonetheless, his rates are still much more affordable than market rates even without the promotion.
His rates of S$1,000 (for me) includes:
Videography - unlimited hours
Express Highlights
Childhood montage
Photography for the evening dinner event
All raw & soft copies returned.

Total Damage as of now: S$4,763.70 (dated 4th August 2013)

6 comments:

  1. If you can’t afford it, then don’t force yourself to purchase a car just for your wedding day. There are a lot of rental car services that have your dream car. For now, settle only on what’s affordable and convenient. I know that the wedding day is monumental, but don’t stress yourself too much over it!

    -Rob Brummitt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob, No one mentioned that we are buying a car specially for use as a bridal car. We borrowed from a friend if you do take time to read through the long list.....so I am not sure your comments are for who in particular. I also did mentioned that there are cars for rental & sometimes Bridal packages do include the bridal car but I seriously did not mentioned that I am buying a car specially for my wedding day.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ,

    Im gonna had my ROM on this coming 26 th july , any recommendation for Photographer (Actual Day)??? Can you from me an email at evebestfriend@ymail.com .

    Regards,
    JUne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i am looking for emcee for my wedding. would you mind pm me on your friend's contact?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Yee Huey,

      Sorry I cant PM you. you may contact Chris Seow @ 97685586
      Say recommended by Lana Tan & he will give you good rates :)

      Delete
  5. Hi, I am looking for pre-wedding photo-shoot, can I know more information from you on Little chai Wedding studip?
    Email me at xiaoshan19@live.com

    Thanks
    Susan

    ReplyDelete