wedding countdown clock


About This Blog

I created this blog when I am doing my bridal planning... or rather I started this blog while I was halfway through with my bridal planning. So you may find that some posts & the date posted are days or even weeks apart.

I never was a blogger nor am I familiar on how a blog should work. I just want a blog to capture memories of how my life took a turn for the better & also at the same time to help other brides-to-be to have an idea how they can plan their own wedding.

Of course, when my wedding is over, I will also use this blog as a platform to capture our memories together as a married couple on our new home, our kids & our quarrels! (hahaha)


This blog is strictly for information & sharing purposes based on my experiences & any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I hope you find my blog informative & hope it will aid in your own DREAM wedding planning!! Do also comment if this blog needs more improvement!!

Sunday 9 December 2012

ACCESSORIES FOR MY ACTUAL DAY

With so much spare time on hand, I went shopping yesterday at Parkway Parade ~~ looking for my BLING BLING shoes!! Saw in other forums that there a is a shop on the 2nd level that sells reasonable bling bling shoes for wedding.Maybe I am fussy on the type of shoes that I will be wearing on that day but nothing really catches my eye in that shop. However, my HTB saw something nice (& not too much blings) & he was quite tempted to get it. Black leather shoes with some blings at the front area - costs about S$119 but he prefer to walk around since our pre-wedding shoots still months away.. keke
Since the dowry by my HTB family decided to get them after the CNY, I wanted to get something for myself too for that day during the tea ceremony.
I was walking around my estate after "brunch" today at the nearby market & food centre & came across the Chinese traditional medicine hall where the auntie was always there selling jades at one corner of the medicine hall shopfront. I was always very tempted to get a jade bangle for myself but prices at the jewelers always sky high & that shelved my buying cravings for the past few years.

Today, I just have the craving to go & look around her corner where there are bangles, pendants, earrings etc.. all in jade.. She claimed that the jades she's selling are all genuine & I may feel free to get them verified by a jeweler & she promised to refund plus pay for the verification fees if the jade she sold to me is not genuine! & I had seen her there for the past 1 year (since I only started going to the market since 2011) on most Saturdays & Sundays. The jades she is selling is at a wholesale price (as she claims) but honestly, I had not seen genuine jade bangles selling at less than S$1000.

My New Jade Bangle!!
I heard from the older gen people that jades are of a spiritual lot that if they "like" you, they will bring you good fortune. Well, what I understand is that if you have affinity with a piece of jade, you will pick them out of the many jades there.

I was looking at 2 pieces of bangles when the auntie says that try it on to see which one is better. She assures me that if can put in, definitely can take out. (I think I watched too many dramas to have the impression that jade bangles once you put in in, its stuck with you!! haha....) I tried the 1st piece - its smaller in width with full rounded edge, very green & elegant looking but somehow, I don't have any "feel" for it.

I tried the next piece - it was broader in width, colour is like translucent green (not as green as the other), also very elegant looking. I was tempted to get this piece but the price was also quite high though it had not passed the 4 digit figure. The auntie says if there is fate, the jade will follow you & give me good fortune. She said which one I have more "feel" & to put the $$ aside for the time being. My HTB asked if there can be any discount. She asked what is our budget & she can compromised without a loss, she can let go. So I got the jade bangle I want at S$550 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment