wedding countdown clock


About This Blog

I created this blog when I am doing my bridal planning... or rather I started this blog while I was halfway through with my bridal planning. So you may find that some posts & the date posted are days or even weeks apart.

I never was a blogger nor am I familiar on how a blog should work. I just want a blog to capture memories of how my life took a turn for the better & also at the same time to help other brides-to-be to have an idea how they can plan their own wedding.

Of course, when my wedding is over, I will also use this blog as a platform to capture our memories together as a married couple on our new home, our kids & our quarrels! (hahaha)


This blog is strictly for information & sharing purposes based on my experiences & any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I hope you find my blog informative & hope it will aid in your own DREAM wedding planning!! Do also comment if this blog needs more improvement!!

Thursday 29 November 2012

VENUE FOR MY ROM & CELEBRATION

12 Oct 2012 - We first meet Elieen from Riverview Hotel at BOWS (Blissful Outdoor Wedding Show) at the Dhoby Ghaut Green during their show from 12th - 14th Oct 2012. My first impression of her was that she was very helpful at the booth & neither was she pushy enough to press for a confirmation then - I guess that was just the 1st day of BOWS so she was not that desperate... haha

For 2013, they have 2 types of packages - the normal (full-fledged) wedding package & the ROM solemnization package - this package is more simpler as compared to the wedding package & they have an option of lunch & dinner. Of course, the price definitely more pocket friendly than the former... As for the wedding package, they having an exclusive promo at the BOWS but I was actually thinking of going for the simpler ROM solemnization lunch - As compared to the other places I enquiried, Riverview was close to their prices but of course, with a few other things like bridal room, wedding favors, decors, invitation cards etc.. which I do not have to source for them individually.
view their 2013 packages here: http://www.riverview.com.sg/weddings/wedding-packages

She was meticulous & wrote down whatever we discussed & I also made some side notes as well. Even though she mentioned that whatever we discussed is strictly for the BOWS fair, she wasn't pushy & she made alternatives that should we require more time to consider, just drop her a call on Sun which is the last day of the show & just inform her that we will need another weeks' time for consideration. She even offered us to drop by to view the ballroom the next week even if by then we had not come to a decision.

We left the booth & went over to OCC, M Hotel, The Re! Hotel & Park Royal booth to view their packages. The guy from OCC - he basically just tell you exactly what is in their standard package for 2013 & just pass you the pricelist together with his namecard.There was no introduction or any effort to do my business & we just walk off after saying "Thank you very much. We will walk around." The rest of the other booths, we just walk past & took their brochure as their staff were busy with other couples.

No comments:

Post a Comment