wedding countdown clock


About This Blog

I created this blog when I am doing my bridal planning... or rather I started this blog while I was halfway through with my bridal planning. So you may find that some posts & the date posted are days or even weeks apart.

I never was a blogger nor am I familiar on how a blog should work. I just want a blog to capture memories of how my life took a turn for the better & also at the same time to help other brides-to-be to have an idea how they can plan their own wedding.

Of course, when my wedding is over, I will also use this blog as a platform to capture our memories together as a married couple on our new home, our kids & our quarrels! (hahaha)


This blog is strictly for information & sharing purposes based on my experiences & any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I hope you find my blog informative & hope it will aid in your own DREAM wedding planning!! Do also comment if this blog needs more improvement!!

Sunday 3 February 2013

MY AD GOWN SOURCING (PART II)


Really sorry for getting this post up so late. As mentioned in my Part I of my AD Gown sourcing, I went to J&L SG Bridal. I tried on their gowns & their price is very very reasonable or maybe "cheap" is the word based on their package. I supposed that in terms of pricing I can't get it anywhere in SG already so that time more or less I kinda confirmed to go with them & Landy's service is indeed very good...
I think I did not post up any images of the gowns I tried on in my last post... but I will do it in this post so that you gals have an idea of what gowns to expect based on certain pricing. I think I forgot to mentioned that Landy's gown looks kinda "common" but to me then was: "Wa lau ehhh.... that kinda price don't be too choosy leh... we are on budget!!"

Wedding & Evening Gowns from J&L

While I was waiting for her "new arrivals", I decided to source for more options - mainly to convince myself that: "LOOK!!! the price is way cheaper as compared to other sources!"
Wedding Gown, Kua & Groom's suit from J&L
No. 2 is to hope to come across better deals...I am in sales so usually my clients will tell me that they will need to ask for 3 quotation from 3 different vendors & do a price comparison.... I merely learn it from them... keke.

From the forums, I found some with pretty good reviews... Bridal Closet & Bridal Affairs.
One common thing about these 2 shops is that they "categorize" their gowns.
- Basic
- Classic
- Premium
- Super Premium & another one which I can't remember. J&L's gowns looks like their "Basic" category. All these categories need a $$ top up or "upgrade". It could range from S$188 - S$688 depending on the categories.
Lets' start with their standard price package on their website according to my closes requirements:
BC (Bridal Closet) : starting from S$988
BA (Bridal Affairs) : starting from S$1588 (after less off the photography)

Wedding Gowns from BC
I went down to BC on 31st Jan & was served by a nice gal Felicia. She took a few collections to let me try & yes... her gowns are beautiful - & most of their gowns are "Classic" series which means I will need to top up at least a S$100 more on top of the package. While trying out the gowns, she asked me what are my requirements - & she offered me a S$1200 package which includes:
Evening Gowns from BC
1 X White Gown with white veil & Accessories (Basic Category)
1 X Colour Gown with Accessories - they do not have categories for evening gowns... **Phew!**
2 X Groom's Suit
1 X Fresh Flower Bouquet, 2 X Groom's Corsages & 4 X Parents' Corsages

1 X Bridal Car Silk Flowers Decorations + 2 X Brothers Car Silk Flower Decorations
2 X Makeup & 2 X Hair Styling (Day & Nite)


I went to BA on the 2nd Feb..... Christin was very service -oriented & very nice. She patiently explain to me her package & if I do not require the photographer, it will be S$1588 which includes:
1X White Gown with white veil & Accessories (Basic Category)
1 X Colour Gown with Accessories (They have Basic Category too!!)
2 X Groom's Suit (They have Basic Category too!!)
1 X Fresh Flower Bouquet, 1 X Groom's Corsage & 4 X Parents' Corsages
1 X Bridal Car Fresh Flowers Decorations + 3 X Brothers Car Fresh Flower Decorations
2 X Makeup & 2 X Hair Styling (Day & Nite)

I only tried her wedding gowns & I dare to say that her gowns are comparable to BC!! Very nice!! She didn't allowed me take any pictures though so I can't show here.

Back to BC, I eventually signed up with Felicia today as her pricing to me is competitive as compared to J&L. She offered me during my 1st visit based on the S$1200 standard package
Free upgrades to all categories of wedding gowns
1 X complimentary Wedding gowns of any categories
1 X complimentary kua with kua shoes - they do not have the red veil that  J&L offers
2 X complimentary Fathers' jackets
1 X complimentary Tux shirt with accessories for the Groom like bowties etc...
For this, I must thank my HTB on his "act poor" acting cum nego skills... haha....

I want to highlight however that all packages I gotten for my Pre-Wed & AD if purely up to your own individual nego skills & your requirements. It does not mean that the same will be given to you if you go back to the same person or shop or even quoted that you saw this in my blog. You may however say you are being recommended after referencing to my blog as they will most likely remember me for my extensive nego tactics & skills... LOLXXX...

Meanwhile, if you are budget constraint, do consider J&L but you will still need to go & have an appointment to see, feel & try the gowns. I will be posting more after the CNY!! Meanwhile, enjoy ur CNY 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment