wedding countdown clock


About This Blog

I created this blog when I am doing my bridal planning... or rather I started this blog while I was halfway through with my bridal planning. So you may find that some posts & the date posted are days or even weeks apart.

I never was a blogger nor am I familiar on how a blog should work. I just want a blog to capture memories of how my life took a turn for the better & also at the same time to help other brides-to-be to have an idea how they can plan their own wedding.

Of course, when my wedding is over, I will also use this blog as a platform to capture our memories together as a married couple on our new home, our kids & our quarrels! (hahaha)


This blog is strictly for information & sharing purposes based on my experiences & any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I hope you find my blog informative & hope it will aid in your own DREAM wedding planning!! Do also comment if this blog needs more improvement!!

Friday 29 March 2013

MY PRE - WEDDING SHOOTS

Finally!! Some updates regarding my pre-wedding shoot.... After my last trip on my gown selections, I had my shoot on the 23-24th March 2013. We stayed over the night before at a nearby hotel for RM$55 per night as our shoot is over a 2 day period. We reached the BS at about 10am & started the make-up by the MUA, Cherry. So while I am having my make-up done, my HTB was busy with the photographer assistant on his accompanying suits.
BTBs, if you have your own ampoules, please bring along as during the 2 day shoot, we used up 6 ampoules!! 1 for my face, 1 for my shoulders,neck & arm - mainly to make the overall body tone equal with the face make-up & another for my HTB's face. RM$29X6= RM$174. I also brought along my fake lashes.
(TIP: if you are also on a 2 day shoot, you can re-use the eyelashes after the 1st day so do not throw them away after removing your make-up!!)
We set off about 12.30pm to our location - UKFarm. The journey took about an hour + as there was a slight jam. The place was fabulous but be prepared to get used to the goats, horses dung smell...It wasn't that overpowering but there are still some smell about.
The entrance fees we paid - RM$320 includes also 1 meal (for 5 person), choose from either the horse carriage or riding the horse & entering into the enclosure where the goats are kept (normal entrance fees by the public do not have access to the goats enclosure).
We add on for the horse ridding for taking pictures. However, do note that the brides will have to choose a more comfortable gown if you want to ride the horse. Luckily, 1 of my gowns is quite suitable for mounting the horse ( I had totally forgotten about the horse riding while choosing my gowns!!) & I had a great time too!!
(TIP: Do not be afraid of the horse as animals can sense your fear & it will make them even more fearful of you & they will tend to panic while you are mounting / mounted on them. Remember, safety first. If you feel unsure, then do not mount on the horse as falling off from the horse back can be a painful experience)
We stayed there till about 7pm & reached back to the BS by about 8+. We even managed to take the sunset too!!

Our 2nd location was to the Kota Tinggi Waterfall area & paid RM$63 for the entrance. We first went for our "dry" shoots then I changed to another gown & took our "wet" shoot!! I think the people who were there on a vacation never seen couples taking any pre-wedding shoots in the water before because they were all crowding & looking at us.... One of the thing that choosing the waterfall as our last location was a good choice as we check out early on Sunday morning & after the "wash" at the waterfall, we were feeling quite refreshed! Back to the shoot.... We were practically soaked to the skin & the water is so cold and some shoots we have to wait for the photographer to take the shoots due to too much sunlight or too little sunlight. But I believe the shoots will turn out great as the photographer was very professional. We can select the photos in mid April already so it is also efficient on their part to ensure we are able to get our albums by latest early June

Ohh...by the way, did I mentioned that I was wearing my slippers during the shoot?? I did bring my heels over, but as all my gowns are long so wear also no use as the photos won't show. But having long gowns will make the walking abit tedious even though I am wearing slippers.

Remember my stick-on extension nails? Surprisingly, they are still there even after going into the waters but of course, they are falling off when I went to change out to my own clothes to go back to the BS so S$2 (Daiso) for a pack of 4 sets of stickers really worth it..
(TIP: try to change out of your nails when you finish with day 1 as after showering, I do not think the stickers can still hold on throughout the 2nd day of shooting....)

1 comment:

  1. interesting :) read some of your posts and you are very detailed and resourceful. Will be getting married in Sept as well .. so coincidental. Kudos to you getting closer to your dream wedding :D

    ReplyDelete