wedding countdown clock


About This Blog

I created this blog when I am doing my bridal planning... or rather I started this blog while I was halfway through with my bridal planning. So you may find that some posts & the date posted are days or even weeks apart.

I never was a blogger nor am I familiar on how a blog should work. I just want a blog to capture memories of how my life took a turn for the better & also at the same time to help other brides-to-be to have an idea how they can plan their own wedding.

Of course, when my wedding is over, I will also use this blog as a platform to capture our memories together as a married couple on our new home, our kids & our quarrels! (hahaha)


This blog is strictly for information & sharing purposes based on my experiences & any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I hope you find my blog informative & hope it will aid in your own DREAM wedding planning!! Do also comment if this blog needs more improvement!!

Sunday 25 November 2012

MY PRE - WEDDING PREPARATIONS (PART I)

With a good friend willing to do my pre-wedding photography, the next thing I need to prep myself would be looking for gowns rental for the shoot.... I think of all things, the gowns part is the most headache portion to me.

Why?

Usually when brides & grooms to-be wants to book their pre-wedding, the1st thing they think of will be going to bridal shops. It's a one-stop station for all pre-wedding & actual day requirements for photographer, MUA, gowns, albums,bridal car, floral hand bouquet, corsages & bridal car decorations etc... Of course when you go to the same bridal shop for both your Pre-wed & AD, it would usually be cheaper if you go to different bridal shops....

Some of my friends go for overseas shoot and when nearing to their AD, they will be sourcing for local bridal shop which maybe will incur more costs. After visiting to various forums & reading some posts by some kind souls there, I came to a conclusion - if you really buy the idea of an overseas shoot like Taiwan or Korea (which is the more popular places currently), look for a local bridal shop that have overseas shoot packages - which of course the costs will generally be higher than as compared to packages with only local studio & outdoor shoots but it still beats having to pay for 2 different packages (from 2 different bridal shops) which could be higher & due to the market demands, I believe some local bridal shops do have overseas pre-wedding shoot packages. :)

Back to my senerio.... as my kind friend is helping out with the photography (btw, he is running a photography business) I will need to find nice & cheap gowns for rental as well as a make-up & hair artist for the pre-wedding shooting day.

Initially, I was looking at local bridal shops that have a "gown rental only" package but it seems to me that all bridal shops do not have a package for gowns rental thus they are renting based on per piece basis ranging from S$350 - S$1800 (depending on the designs, length etc...) well... might as well I go for bridal shops packages rite??

One fine day, I decided to google for "CHEAP gowns for rental in SG". Yes... Cheap is the word... I actually got some relevant searches. I found Just Gowns, A Love Affair, Cupid Gowns & Dresses J & L Bridal SG & Love Potion & they all have indicative prices but what caught my eyes was J & L & Love Potion. They not only have indicative prices but they also have package price for gowns rental as well which was exactly what I am looking for.

Based on the package price, I believe that I will be having alot more savings as compared to taking bridal shop packages if both pre-wedding & AD gowns rental are from the same source - which equates me having more negotiation power to ask for a better discount?? keke....